Real World Globes provides globe kits and assembled globes for a variety of purposes, from classroom instruction, fun hobby project to handsome home and office displays.
Click here to learn more about Real World Globes!
Why are Real World Globes kits better than other globes?
- Globe maps display Real World data to accurately represent the actual physiography of planets and moons
- Digital maps using satellite imagery and scientific data for unsurpassed accuracy and detail
- Mountain ranges, geology, rivers are enhanced for full affect
- Bigger is better!
- The 18-inch globes are more than twice the size of standard classroom globes
- Colossal 30-inch globes are 6 times bigger than standard classroom globes!
- More detailed than other globes ~ use a magnifying glass to discover and examine rich information content
- Dry-Erase and Wet-Erase surface is great for lessons, discussions and story telling
- Real World globes are meant to be handled and marked with dry and wet erase markers
Additional educational modules include math manipulatives for spherical geometry, trigonometry, architecture and navigation.
Real world globes, kits and spheres support classroom instruction and curriculum for grades 5 through 12, and universities. The hands-on globe and spherical math manipulative products emphasize spatial and visual learning. These interactive products and techniques unlock your student's potential, and facilitate intuitive and deeper understanding. Interrelationships and connections between a variety of lessons, topics and disciplines reinforce important principles across disciplines and provides insight. And since the lessons are fun and engaging, learning is natural, exciting and well grounded.
Real World Globes supports the Virginia Space Grant Consortium, which has received a "Programs That Work" Award from the Virginia Mathematics & Science Coalition for the Virginia Aerospace Science and Technology Scholars Program!
Visit vsgc.odu.edu for more information.