Our products are designed to facilitate fun and rewarding learning experiences by employing hands-on visual and spatial learning techniques. These techniques complement and augment typical classroom instruction and enable breakthroughs in understanding and learning.
We stand behind our products with knowledgeable customer service; please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about our visual and spatial learning products.
Why Real World Globes?
Real World Globes provides globe kits and assembled globes for a variety of purposes, from classroom instruction, fun hobby project to handsome home and office displays.
Why are Real World Globes kits better than other globes?
- Globe maps display Real World data to accurately represent the actual physiography of planets and moons
- Digital maps using satellite imagery and scientific data for unsurpassed accuracy and detail
- Mountain ranges, geology, rivers are enhanced for full affect Bigger is better!
- The 18-inch globes are more than twice the size of standard classroom globes
- Colossal 30-inch globes are 6 times bigger than standard classroom globes!
- More detailed than other globes ~ use a magnifying glass to discover and examine rich information content
- Dry-Erase and Wet-Erase surface is great for lessons, discussions and story telling: Real World globes are meant to be handled and marked with dry and wet erase markers
Real World Globes' kits add another dimension to geographic and spatial learning, and understanding relationship between features and processes on Earth, as well as other planets and moons. Information-rich satellite data and imagery forms the map base of the globes, along with bathymetric ocean and hydrology data, and unlabeled country boundaries. The easy-to-use dry erase globes makes them useful across educational curricula, transitioning easily from earth science, physical and cultural geography, as well as history and social science. Additional educational modules include math manipulatives for spherical geometry, trigonometry, architecture and navigation.
For Grades 5 thru 12 and Universities
Real world globes, kits and spheres support classroom instruction and curriculum for grades 5 through 12, and universities. The hands-on globe and spherical math manipulative products emphasize spatial and visual learning. These interactive products and techniques unlock your student's potential, and facilitate intuitive and deeper understanding.
Interrelationships and connections between a variety of lessons, topics and disciplines reinforce important principles across disciplines and provides insight. And since the lessons are fun and engaging, learning is natural, exciting and well grounded.
We Love Programs that Work
Real World Globes supports the Virginia Space Grant Consortium, which has received a "Programs That Work" Award from the Virginia Mathematics & Science Coalition for the Virginia Aerospace Science and Technology Scholars Program!
Visit vsgc.odu.edu for more information.